PACT - What You'll Learn
By the end of the Pre-Apprenticeship Construction Training (PACT) program students should be able to:
- Possess life skills such as punctuality, perseverance, positive attitude and work ethic that will assure job success on a construction site.
- Possess the qualifications to become indentured in a state-approved construction trade apprenticeship program. These qualifications are specific to each apprenticeship program and may include proficiency with hand tools, power tools, math, interview skills and tool and material identification.
- Possess the necessary skills to pass the Washington State Driver’s License exam prior to referral to an apprenticeship program.
- Possess basic construction skills such as knowledge of hand tools & power tools, reading a tape measure, lay-out, blueprints and trades math.
- Possess basic knowledge of the trades in the construction industry.